If you would like to receive a Christmas card from me this year, then I would absolutely love to send you one. :D
A) Leave your address for me in a comment which I will be screening. B) Send me your address in a private message. C) Send me your address via email ---> BATTYBABE1@aol.com
I know I'm running later than last year (see previous post for reasons! ^_^) but I'll be sending them out really soon so those of you in the US should definitely get them by Christmas. For the rest of you lovelies that live outside the US, you should hopefully get them right around Christmas or a couple of days after.
Have a great week!!
Current Mood: festive
Current Music: Oh Holey Night (The Ministry of Magic)
I'd just rather read about you lovely ladies (and gentlemen) than sit here and type about my perfectly average days! ^_^
My life these past weeks... in a nutshell:
- Work, work, work. Am becoming grumpier and grumpier by the day due to stress and monotony. I try to keep my temper in check, really I do. It's just that lately it has become extraordinarily hard to do so, and I'm now resorting to going on "lock-down" until I'm able to be calm again. Well, outwardly calm at least. I tend to rage on the inside for a bit until I feel better. But hey, whatever works. :D Things will be better once this quarter is over.
- Finally did the last of my Christmas shopping. *dances* I absolutely love this time of year. <3
- Have been reading some absolutely spectacular SS/HG fanfic (and a tiny bit of FW/HG/GW and BW/HG/CW when the mood strikes), but that's nothing new. ;D With all of the usual great fanfic sites, the GS100, and you lot for friends, this girl is well and truly spoiled. :) There's nothing quite like curling up in front of the computer with two bottles of wine hot apple cider and holiday fics on a chilly December night. ^_^
- OMGOMG THE EXCHANGE STARTS SOOOOOON!!!! <33333333 *flails*
- Been socking away $100 from each paycheck for AZKATRAZ!! w00t!
And that's about it. :D I wish you all a wonderful weekend.
For those of you who have been sick -- I hope that you're feeling better very soon, and am sending hugs, hot tea, and good thoughts your way. xoxoxo
Step 1: put your music player on shuffle Step 2: post the first line (for some I've done the first couple to help you out) from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing. Step 3: Check off the songs when someone guesses both artist and title correctly. Step 4: Looking them up is cheating.
[Except I've chosen to do only 10 songs because a) I am lazy and b) My coffee is almost ready. :P Good luck!]
1.) "I've met some folks who say that I'm a dreamer, and I've no doubt there's truth in what they say..."
2.) "You tell me you don't love me, over a [song title] and I just have to look away..."
3.) "I have often dreamed, of a far off place, where a great warm welcome will be waiting for me..."
4.) "So deep, that it didn't even bleed and catch me, off guard, red handed now I'm far from lonely..." All That I've Got (The Used) -Anon-
5.) "I have given you a name, one that shows you can always change, no matter the way or mistake you've made..."
Went out for dinner and drinks last night with Julia, Brandi, Tiffany & Sam, and Mark. Laura and Shavon met up with us shortly thereafter, and we all headed to the movie theater for the 12:01am showing of Twilight!! *squee* It was incredibly fun, and we all looked so fucking hot that I could barely stand it. ^_^ But hey, that's what eight adults completely decked out in black, altered Twilight gear will do to a girl. ;D (You're never too old to be a fangirl... or boy. <3) The tween situation was... bearable, for the most part. There did come a point where plastic spoons became weaponry, and death threats were beginning to be made, but by then the movie was getting ready to start and they began to control themselves.
The movie was great. I really, really liked it. :) I think they did a fantastic job portraying the characters and their relationships. Spunk Ransom and Kristen Stewart have great chemistry as Edward & Bella, and although there was definitely a rushed feeling to the entire film (two hours just isn't enough to do the book justice) I feel that they stayed very true to the book nonetheless. Some of the lines were even word for word, which I loved. :3
All in all, a truly fabulous night. :D
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to take a quick nap before heading back to work in a mere three hours. I haven't been to bed yet, and have therefore entered zombie mode. ^_^
Just dragged my wretched ass out of bed after a truly fabulous night. I had to make last night count because if I don't go to bed early tonight, I won't be able to get up at four AM tomorrow morning for the Breast Cancer Walk. It's going to be awesome -- not only will Jules and Tiff be there, but JoDee, Shavon, and pretty much everyone else I work with will be there as well! :D It's going to kick so much ass. After the walk I think we're all going out to breakfast and then heading to the company picnic (which unfortunately had to fall on the same day as the walk). By the time I get home tomorrow evening I'll be exhausted, that's for sure. :P (Oh, and there WILL be pictures. You've been warned!)
I'm off to Disneyland Wednesday morning. :) Had a cute conversation with my dad last night about it:
- DAD: "So... since you're going to Disneyland without us, there are three things you have to promise you'll do for me while you're there." - ME: "Okay, name them." - DAD: "One, you have to visit our *brick." - ME: "Um, obviously! As if I'd go to the park without visiting it!!!" - DAD: "Good. Two, you have to bring me back a pin. Preferably a monorail one." - ME: "Deal. And three?" - DAD: "Three, you have to ride California Screamin' and report back." - ME: "Err... maybe." - DAD: "No, you have to promise! We've never gone on that one and I want to know what you think!" - ME: "Gah! ... Fine. I promise."
(*our brick is an actual brick built into the sidewalk outside the front gates of Disneyland that has our last name on it. When my mom, dad, sister, and I go, we always stop by and take a picture with it. ^_^)
Eeek! So I promised to ride a ride that I have always been to chicken-shit to ride. I'm sure my mom and Les will have similar demands, they just haven't told me yet. :)
God I'm going to miss everyone! <3 But not enough to keep me from going!!! Haha!! :D *dances* It's going to rock!
I'm getting ready to go out for a bit of shopping, a pedicure and waxing, and then chinese food. This will probably be my last post before I go, so I leave you with this awesome YouTube vid. (The beginning starts out a little slow, but stick with it and I promise you won't be disappointed. This is what Leslie and I refer to as "fuckwin" so you know it's good!! ;D )
I'll be back on November 2nd. Take care my loves!! <3
Current Mood: crappy, but happy!
Current Music: If I Were A Boy (Beyonce) <-- great video!!
Just got back from an advanced screening of 'The Duchess' then In-N-Out. The movie was really, really beautiful, but heartbreakingly sad. I really enjoyed it. :) I'm curious to see what all of the press people that were in attendance will say about it in the coming days. Hopefully good things, seeing as how Keira Knightley was amazing. (As always!!) ^_^